Butter / Ghee Making process -
Learn how to make butter /ghee at home with the below steps,most of you will definately know ,have complied for the newbies !
- Collecting Cream-
- Boil the milk as usual ,collect the cream formed on the milk in a container and store it in refrigerator.Keep doing this activity everyday till sufficient cream is collected.
- After you have collected 2or 3 cups of cream, you can use it to make butter.
- Collecting Butter/Butter milk-
- In a mixer jar, or in a food processor add the cream,next add 1 cup of water. Turn on the mixer or food processor.Initially, the cream will begun to smoothen and you will get smooth whipped cream forming over the top in the jar.Continue the mixer, till the butter and the buttermilk gets separated.Collect the butter using the strainer in a vessel.Keep the buttermilk in the refrigerator.
- Preparing Ghee
- Making the Ghee - Next place the vessel with the butter on moderate heat,keep stirring let it simmer for 15-20 mins till you get the aroma of Ghee coming .Strain and store in a dry container.
Enjoy healthy ghee on your dosas,idlis or the butter on parathas.
The buttermilk is equally good for your healthy.
Spice up the buttermilk and enjoy !