The greatest gift one can give one's family and the world is a healthy being and the right approach to a healthy you is "Cooking at Home"So let's begin…
Kitchen is the heart of every home that fuels the nourishment into all the family members and How is this done ? By preparing "FOOD" with lots of love and care. So lets have some checkpoints which you are already aware but a ready reckoner for the freshers.
So if you haven't started lets rock .
The main pointers :
- Wash Your Hands
- Cook Thoroughly
- Always keep a Clean Kitchen
Always Stock up
- Dals/Lentils-Tur Dal,Moong Dal,Chana Dal,Urad Dal
- Seasoning-Mustard seeds,Jeera,Turmeric Powder
- Pastes-Tamrind,Ginger Garlic paste
- Flours-Wheat flour,Maida,Besan,Jowar,Corn flour,Ragi,Rice flour
- Basics-Rava/Semolina ,Chiroti Rava,Flattened rice(Avalakki/Poha),Groundnut,Coconut,Sabudana
- Spices-Cumin,Coriander,Cinnamon,Clover,Pepper,Khus Khus,(Poppy Seeds)Fenugreek (Menthya),Hing (Asafoetida),Anise
- Bay leaves,Curry leaves,Coriander leaves,Mint leaves
- South Indian Masala powders - Sambar, Rasam,Bhath powder,Chutney powder,BBB,Gojju.
- North Indian Garam Masala powders
- Dry fruits-cardamom, saffron, nutmeg(Jaipahl) cashews,almonds ,pistachio and raisins.
- Salt and Sugar
- Produce-Fruits and Vegetables, Dairy products
- Pressure cooker
- Flat TAVA/skillets (iron and non-stick) for Rotis /Chapati/Parathas,Dosas.
- Different sized pots/vessels and pans
- Saute pan with cover
- Mixing bowls
- Large Wok/Kadai
- Small Kadai-seasoning
Various Cooking Appliances/Gadgets
- Cutting knives
- Chopping board
- Measuring cup
- Rolling pin
- Mixer Grinder / Food processor
Happy Cooking and Enjoy Eating!!!
Cooking is Love made visible !