|Avalakki Besibele Bhath|
- Avalakki Besibele Bhath is a favorite weekend breakfast recipe.Easy to prepare and healthy to eat.A mix of poha and lentils (moong dal) with vegetables and spices makes it tasty and delicious.
- 1 cup Avalakki/Poha (thick version )
- 1/2 cup moong dal/hesaru bele
- 2 cups chopped vegetables(beans, carrot, peas)
- 1 capscisum (fried)
- 3-4 tbsp bisi bele bath masala pwd
- 4-5 tsp tamarind juice
- 1-2 tsp jaggery
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1-2 red chilies
- Few curry leaves
- Pinch -Hing
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tsp peanut (roasted)
- 2 tsp cashews(roasted)
- 1 tsp Grated dry coconut (opt)
- Method: Wash poha ,drain .Keep it aside.Meanwhile cook moongdal with turmeric and vegetables in pressure pan.Next in a pan,mix cooked moong dal, vegetables,add bhath pwd ,add tamarind juice, salt and jaggery to it and mix well.Let it simmer for 5-10 mins till all the items blend well.Add soaked avalakki and mix well. Cook for 3 mins or more.Next ,heat oil in pan add all the items mentioned in the seasoning ,once done add it to the avalakki.Add roasted cashews and peanuts,coconut.Mix well. Add a spoon of ghee and serve hot.
Thanks for stopping by...
Also don't forget to check out the other "Avalakki/Poha "varieties under Ingredients Search.
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment".Jim Rohn